Thursday 5 August 2010

Oh dear







T: Minus forty eight hundred hours

Mission: Project Hen Party

Objective: Find a dress

Notes: Oxford Street apparently is not the place to go.

Despite being Europe’s busiest shopping street, with an amazing 548 shops (I wikipedia’d that, obvs) and a worldwide reputation for being THE high-street shopping destination, period, you would think that finding a dress would be as easy as A, B, C.

Evidently not.

Even a hop on the Piccadilly Line to Harrods and Harvey Nichols didn’t make much of a difference. In fact if anything, doing so made me confused. The dress I had in mind was black, made from material and be acceptable to wear in public. The shop windows were encouraging me to wear a dress made of clothes pegs, lengthen my legs so I’d appear as tall as the Eiffel Tower or construct an outfit made of hardbacks.

Oh dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment