Tuesday 13 March 2012

I do not want to be a Liverpudlian WAG

When I was 5 years old, I would love to play ‘The Dress-Up Game’. This honest-to-god amazing game would involve me running around my house wearing a ghastly pair of Lion King printed leggings, a bandanna and my mum’s blazer – because this is what I though business women wore – and pretending to be a grown up.

Now that I am (OMG) a grown up – ok, not quite business women: I’m just a ‘yo-pro’ right now – this game is not quite as fun.

I read an article over a weekend which discussed the personal style of the latest Alexa Chung wannabe who said “Never dress in a rush. Plan your outfit the night before and you’ll be prepared”. Well, Little Miss Fashionista 2k12, I have news for you. Some of us are drop dead tired at night time and don’t fancy standing in front of our wardrobes, zombie like, thinking a) what the weather will do tomorrow, b) what colour of soup one will have at lunch (in case of spillage on a white top for instance – shock horror) or c) if we’ll be sitting at our desks all day in which case yes, we will wear a pair of heels.

I wish I had a fashion fairy godmother who each morning would sing a happy tune inspiring me to ‘dress for the job you want, not the job you have’. If my FFG (Fashion Fairy Godmother) had been there this morning I very much doubt she would have been thrilled by my outfit choice. Jeggings, a leopard print top and fur jacket might be considered the norm in Liverpool on a WAG, but on me the results just made me feel like a ho – not exactly the state of mind you want to have when you meet the CEO of the company you ‘yo-pro’ at. Merde.

Maybe I ought to google the weather for tomorrow and then think of an outfit. S’lataaaa xx

PS…just read that over and would like to point out that I do not want a job as a Liverpudlian WAG.

No comments:

Post a Comment