Saturday 3 September 2011

What have I learnt from this experience?


Today I did something very unusual, bazaar even. It was a moment of despair and panic as I had slept in slightly and wasn’t full awake. While the trend has been around for quite some time now, it was always something I was apprehensive of, double denim – I had never seen any of my friends or peers at university wearing an entire denim outfit – but working for a denim brand I thought perhaps I ought to try it on for size so to speak. That was my reasoning at seven fourty-nine when I got changed, anyway.

When I say double denim I didn’t do one tonal denim. No, no. Instead I wore my pink boyfriend jeans with a standard blue denim shirt teamed with a black blazer (which really wasn’t required in the twenty-plus degree heat).But by the time I got to the metro I felt like an absolute prat. The pink jeans on their own are relatively garish – and ironically to be called a ‘boyfriend’ jean, my boyfriend doesn’t like them (as we’re living in different countries right now he thankfully didn’t get to see my fashion disaster du jour). And by the time I got to work I felt like a clown. No one asked to juggle the oranges in the lunch queue though or craft them a toy balloon.

So, what have I learnt from this experience? In the event of dressing in a hurry do not attempt to re-vive or re-interpret a trend that was over three or four seasons ago. Period.

No comments:

Post a Comment