Tuesday 9 February 2010

I was merely making conversation

Today I asked my father what he thought of my outfit.

“Yeah, its fine. A little dressy for the house. No?”

No, certainly not father.

I put his opinion down to the beads. Oh, how I love the beads. The beads make the outfit.

I’m wearing a present from my parents. Clearly, mother dearest did not consult father on this purchase. It’s a black cardigan with orange, blue, green and gold beading around the neckline. It’s fabulous darling.

What was it Anna Wintour said in The September Issue?

“I often see that people are frightened of fashion and that because it scares them or because it makes them feel insecure, they put it down. There is something about fashion that can make people very nervous.”

Perhaps my father was scared of the beads. He leaves the house wearing a hat so ghastly that he looks like a 15th century Pagan. So his opinion doesn’t really count. I was merely making conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment